Saturday, July 12, 2008

Stadium 2 - Shea

Shea Stadium, Mets vs SF Giants, 7-3 win by the Mets! For this lovely afternoon game, myself and my father, sister, and her boyfriend, Jay, were fortunate enough to have those special tickets from some very generous friends which enabled us to sit in our own suite. Unlimited hot dogs, hamburgers, wings, fruit, cheeses, and of course wine & beer, all complimentary, made this game our favorite so far. Here are some shots from our day at Shea, followed by some more of my ramblings on the park:

Me & pops

Hottest subway ride of our lives

Baseball!

Outside

Inside


Exboyfriend at the same game as me!

Dad watchin the game from our fabulous suite.

Jay, me & the sis. (Jay is Sarah's above average boyfriend)



























At the end of a very long day. Trapped in a sweat train for a half hour.

Ratings
Because of our private suite, the ratings for this ballpark cannot follow my usual format. We had a private bathroom, food was on hand, and free, as was beer. I can make some general comments on what I observed, however.

-Beer was served in the stands by vendors. Excellent.
-Sound system was great.
-Lots of giveaways to the fans.
-Not very friendly greeters/ushers.
-First pitch ceremony performed.
-Not the easiest ballpark to maneuver through efficiently and get from one level to the next.
-National anthem was sung live.
-Beer: $8
-Hot dog: $4.75
-Soda: $5.25

Overall aura: Excellent. Fans were great, enthusiastic, and always cheering.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

unlimited hot dogs sounds like a sick form of heaven. I miss you, come back. Bring hot dogs.

-Linds

Unknown said...

first off... i'd like to point out that this is why the mets are new yorks #1 team. certainly not in standings, but always in our hearts <3


SECONDLY, come home, i'll give you all the hotdogs you want!

Unknown said...

glad i was above average enough to appear on the blog that everyone's talking about!

Unknown said...

Is that Jay guy available? He is really above average in my opinion!

Anonymous said...

hey girly, I had fun reading your blog and looking at your really good,clear, and close pictures. I miss you. have fun
denise