Wednesday, July 23, 2008

All Star Break in DC


For the few days that baseball came to a halt as our greatest & brightest headed to NYC to compete in the All Star game, which of course was eventually won by the fabulous AL, my father & I headed into downtown DC as the tourists we are. We enjoyed a bus tour as well as the National Air & Space Museum. We also had a blast figuring out the DC subway system. Photographs:

for my favorite Canadians...!

Smores with dark chocolate - mmm

So this is something entirely special. My greatgrandfather, Henry Cocklin, helped design this plane, the PN-9. As you can see in the larger photograph, this plane set the world record in its day for the longest trip made by a seaplane. This plaque is hanging in the National Air & Space Museum.





Marilyn

National cathedral





Union Station, where I ate my first Philly cheese steak. Why I didn't have one in Philly, I cannot answer.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

you failed to mention that you did hop on hop off! but its obvious from the pics :)

stephanie. said...

"we enjoyed a bus tour as well". you fail to read!!